Pages

.

Bruchetta Chicken



How many times a week do you eat chicken?

I make it about 2-4 times per week for dinner, so I am always looking for a way to jazz it up!

I love making Caprese Tomatoes and Bruchetta, and I thought, what a great summer treat to top those fresh chilled tomatoes on a grilled chicken breast!  This particular night we had with some steamed rice, but my favorite way is to lay it on a bed of pasta.

I make my bruchetta almost the same way as my Caprese, so sometimes when I do the Caprese, I make both!
That way I am not wasting the "ends" of the tomatoes that don't make quite as pretty of a presentation on the plate. I add in a few more tomatoes and use virtually the same ingredients, and "ta-da!"
Makes a great take-along to a party with a crusty loaf of bread.

Here are my Caprese Tomatoes




Bruchetta Tomatoes

2 cups ripe tomatoes diced
1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic Tomato and Basil 
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped coarsely

I have also made this without the fresh basil when I didn't have it on hand, that Mrs. Dash gives the tomatoes a great flavor!

Combine ingredients and chill in the refrigerator for about 2-4 hours.

Top your chicken, you bread, or even top pasta for a cool summer dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment