Pages

.

Freedom

Today, after five weeks in a cast, my little guy saw his forearm again.
It was skinny, strange looking and it smelled like the worst feet you could ever imagine.  He also had a nasty rash, courtesy of the mold all over his skin.  Which was courtesy of the damp cotton under the cast from a malfunctioning cast cover.

All I can say is, we tried.  But it's hard to keep this seven year old down.  And dry.

Despite being very cautious about moving his wrist and actually using it, he was very excited to be able to jump into a pool without a cast cover.

I was as well, since I'm the one who has to put on the cast cover.

For us, summer unofficially started five weeks ago, and today is the first day my little guy will be enjoying sans cast.

Pretty fabulous. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment