Pages

.

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

One of my favorite appetizers to get at a restaurant is "SpinArt" Dip.

My sister in law made a version of this recipe a whole lot of years ago and brought it to a family get together.
I have made it many times, and slowly changed some of the ingredients.  

Yesterday, I made it for a get together my friend, Gerry, was having at her house.

I took pictures of the "before" but she baked it and served it to her guests, 
I needed to wait to get her picture of the finished dip!








Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 - 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
1 - 12 ounce package frozen spinach (thawed and drained, patted dry)
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2/3 cup Parmesan, Romano & asiago cheese blend
1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup half and half
1/2 cup of sour cream (I use the one with chives)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend your artichokes, garlic and Parmesan cheese blend with a hand blender or food processor.

In another bowl, stir together your half and half with the sour cream.  Fold in the artichoke mixture, then the spinach.

Pour into shallow dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

I used a large deep dish pie plate, it fit perfectly.

Pour into dish, bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly.

Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment