Pages

.

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps


One morning I was trying to come up with something to put in the crock pot. 
It was going to be a really busy day and I wasn't going to be home long enough to get anything on the table.

I love to throw chicken breasts in the crock pot, and then cook them low and slow and shred them up.

It's just a surprise what I throw in with them!! 
Rotel... BBQ ... ginger soy....

This time... it was Frank's Hot Wing Sauce.

LOVE Hot Wings!!



light and refreshing summer dinner!

I have to say I don't really have a "recipe" it really depends on how many chicken breasts you are preparing. But I will share with you the basics!


Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

chicken breasts
Frank's hot wing sauce (or your favorite brand)
broccoli slaw
sunflower seeds
bib lettuce

Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
Place chicken breasts in the bottom. 
(I have even put them in frozen!)
Pour hot wing sauce over the top, I used about half the bottle for 6 chicken breasts, and reserved the rest for topping if you wanted to later.
If your chicken breasts aren't frozen, add a small amount of water, too.

Let cook on low all day.  Shred.

Peel back large pieces of lettuce, I used iceberg this night.
Top with chicken, broccoli slaw and sunflower seeds... or whatever your little heart desires!! :)

Enjoy a meal that is easy, low calorie, and doesn't heat up your kitchen on a hot summer day!!










No comments:

Post a Comment