Pages

.

Banana Bread Cake with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

I had a little virtual birthday party on my facebook page a couple of weeks ago to celebrate not only my birthday, but 5,000 facebook fans of an affair from the heart!

I had other foodies share cakes and drink recipes with me.  

This was the first one I made!

WonkyWonderful shared this cake with me, and I knew I had to make it for my husband for Father's Day.

He is a banana nut!!



Banana Bread with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
from WonkyWonderful

Cake:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
4 smashed ripe bananas

Frosting:
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T. milk
4 ounces cream cheese
sprinkle of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix butter, sugars eggs, sour cream and yogurt until smooth.
Add bananas and vanilla and stir in.

Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine.

Add nuts. (I omitted them because my husband HATES them!! I did sprinkle some on top of my piece! :)

Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.  Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes before topping with frosting.

Make the frosting while the cake is baking!!

For frosting, place butter in a small saucepan on medium heat.  Bring to a boil and let it boil for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.  Butter will turn a pretty amber color.  Remove from heat.
With a whisk, stir in the powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla milk and cinnamon. Whisk until nice and creamy.  Pour over warm cake and spread.

Cool.  Top with nuts if desired!





The top was so pretty and glossy, like a glazed donut!!


No comments:

Post a Comment