Pages

.

Caprese - Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Basil



This is one of my favorite things to have!! 
It's a perfect blend of yumminess, with the fresh basil and mozzarella cheese, plus ripe red tomatoes.... 
my mouth is watering while I type!

Not only is it delicious, it's just so darn pretty!

I made this for a party my friend, Gerry, had last week, she said everyone loved it.
Usually, this would be one of those things to make in the summer when the tomatoes are nice and fresh, but I have found these Campari tomatoes at Costco, and they are perfect year 'round, even in Nebraska!! ;)

I have shared my recipe how I made the plate pictured here, but  I have "cheated" when I had a craving for these and didn't have the cheese or the fresh basil, using only the other ingredients, and it tastes just as good...
just not quite as pretty.


Caprese 
Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Basil

2 pounds Capari tomatoes, sliced (or other small ripe tomato, Roma works good too!)
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic


fresh basil leaves
8 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese

Layer the tomatoes and cheese and basil, as seen in the photo.
Combine vinegar and oil together. Set aside.
Shake the Mrs. Dash over the top, then drizzle with the olive oil/balsamic vinegar.
Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.  I usually make this in the morning, and let the flavors marry all day.

Serve with warm crusty baguette bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment