Pages

.

Single Mommy-hood

Before everyone gets their knickers in a twist, I'm not single.  I am still married, still settling in the country and still madly in love with my heated blanket.

Let's move on.

Hubby's current job, the one that brought us to Pennsylvania, forced us to adjust to a living situation that we weren't accustomed to.  For five months, Hubby lived all week in Pennsylvania, and I stayed in New York with the kids.  He drove home on the weekends, but I did all the parenting Monday thru Friday, 24 hours a day.

I must admit, I didn't mind.  Yes, it took a lot of planning and patience.  But I did have help from my mother (bless her heart) and friends.  I also love being home with the kids which made this adjustment easier on me.  Living here in Pennsylvania, Hubby travels more than he did when we lived in New York.  I have him here most of the time, but there are days he is away in North Carolina, or Maryland, or who knows where he goes. 

Needless to say I'm still good with doing the parenting.  But it is exhausting.  There's a lot of driving and planning ahead.  There is also a lot of Starbucks.

I don't even talk to Hubby much when he is away because there is little time.  Whenever he is able to talk, it's either breakfast/bus time, feed toddler/naptime or the dreaded after school through bedtime.  After I am finished with all the time slots, I am tired and ready for television and dessert.

Most times I just skip dinner.

The point of this post is to send a HUGE shout out to single moms everywhere.  I get it.  And it's not easy.  Cheers to you and all your hard work.  You are an inspiration to us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment