Pages

.

Coffee Buttercream Frosting



The other night my daughter, Josie and I were watching Cupcake Wars on TV.
She looked at me and said, I really want to bake cupcakes... I did too...something about that show makes me feel cupcake creative!!

So at 8 PM, we brought the mixer out and made chocolate cupcakes, using a box mix.

But we decided to try making coffee buttercream.  
I threw things together and it was AWESOME.

Do you like coffee ice cream?
This frosting tastes just like it!!





Coffee Buttercream

1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
4 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup hot water
1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee

While your cupcakes are cooling, stir the instant coffee into hot water to dissolve.
Set aside.

Cream butter in mixer, slowly add powdered sugar and coffee, cream together.

Pipe on cupcakes.
Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment