Pages

.

Keep Calm and Carry On

It's official.  This move is the hardest thing I have had to do since becoming a parent.  It may be the hardest thing I've had to do ever.  It's not easy to keep marching, keep moving, keep smiling even when you know the road is long.  It's a challenge to keep calm and reassure your kids over and over and over again....especially when you are struggling with the answers yourself. 

Uncertainty is a difficult state of mind.  I've told my kids they will make friends and play on teams and that in a year they will be okay.  But the truth is, I can't be certain of any of that.  I can only keep marching, keep reassuring and guide my kids where they need to go.

The rest is up to them. 

Yesterday was our last day at our elementary school, middle school and gymnastics team.  I "see ya later-ed"dozens of friends and packed up dozens of boxes.  I watched my kids hug dear friends and I unpacked backpacks filled with handmade cards. 

Some kids even bought them presents. 

To anyone who has ever navigated kids through a difficult transition, I understand the pain.  I understand the sadness and the exhaustion.  I also understand that we can't stay in the same place forever.

We all move on to new places eventually.  And we never know what is around the bend when we move on, it's all about taking that leap of faith.  It's about doing what is best, not always what is easy.

Well, we're leaping.  We're keeping calm and carrying on, and we have faith in the road ahead.

Happy trails.  I'll see you all in a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment