Pages

.

Peanut Butter Bon Bons


I am re-posting this recipe because I love to eat bon bons.  It's that simple.  My love affair with peanut butter bon bons started years ago, and it's safe to say I'm still quite passionate about them.

I concocted this recipe by just mixing three ingredients:  Krispy rice, confectioner sugar, and peanut butter.  I adjusted the amounts until it was the perfect amount of crisp and the perfect amount of cream. 

The toughest part of making these bon bons is that your hands will get tired and quite sticky.  Have your pans lined and everything within reach to insure you don't get peanut butter smeared fridge and cabinet handles.

Mommyhood's Gut Bomb Bon Bons (makes approx 24)

Line cookie sheet with wax paper, set aside.

5 cups krispy rice cereal
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I use all natural creamy)
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 23oz bag milk chocolate chips

Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl.

With hands, mix mixture until it is light and crumbly.  Your hands will get very sticky, and it will require scraping peanut butter off fingers and crunching krispies.  If you are having trouble because it is too crumbly add peanut butter.  Keep at it until mixture looks like this:

Mold the mixture into balls the size of golf balls.  This is when your hands will tire.  I guarantee it.  Work through and keep your eyes on the prize.
Place bon bons on lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.  Before you finish molding all the bon bons, make a giant baseball sized one for yourself.  You'll thank me later.
Chill bon bons in fridge as you melt your chocolate.

I have a Treat Dipper, which is an excellent tool to melt chocolate easily.  If you plan on making any treats that require melted chocolate, I highly recommend one of these.  Makes life extremely easy.  I love easy.

If you are melting chocolate in the microwave, place all but 1/2 cup chips in a sturdy glass bowl.  Microwave on high for 30 second intervals.  Check and stir chips after each interval.  Once chips are 90% melted, remove and add in 1/2 cup chips.  Stir until chocolate is completely melted.  Should be smooth and creamy, and drip from fork or spoon. 

After your chocolate is melted, dip bon bons one at a time and place back on cold cookie sheet.  I use a spoon to handle and dip the bon bons.

Place the bon bons back in the fridge to set the chocolate.  After you are finished cleaning up your kitchen (or before, whatever floats your boat) grab that giant softball shaped bon bon and an ice cold beverage.  My friends eat these with milk, but I'm an aspartame girl.
Enjoy!  And make sure to hide some for yourself...these will be gone once word gets out they are in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment