Pages

.

Spiced Glazed Muffins

Spiced Glazed Muffins


These were one of the yummiest recipes I have made in quite a while!!

I found the recipe on Pinterest, and was intrigued by their name, "Glazed Doughnut Muffins."
The recipe came from My Baking Addiction

After I made them, I really didn't think they tasted like a Krispy Kream Donut as said?
I don't eat them much, but from my memory they didn't?
HOWEVER.... they were DELICIOUS!!

I love spice cake, and to me, they were very much like one, with the consistency of a muffin.
Add that warm glaze and WOW!!

So, when I saved the recipe I re-named them for myself, and decided to call them Spiced Glazed Muffins.




Spiced Glazed Muffins

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cups flour
1 cup milk

Glaze:
3 Tbls melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
2 Tbls hot water

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line or grease muffin cups.
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and oil.
Add eggs and beat to combined.
Stir in baking powder, soda and spices and vanilla.
Stir in the flour and milk, alternating until combined.
Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
Bake the muffins for 15-17 minutes or until they are pale golden brown, and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

Make glaze by whisking all of the ingredients together.  
When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin tops in the glaze, allow glaze to harden. you can double dip them if you choose! :)

Serve warm or store in fridge for 24-48 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment