Pages

.

My Happy Place

This is me in my "Happy Place."

I love my Happy Place.  I try to remain here as much as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, there are some things that jolt me out of my happy place quicker than my kids open birthday presents.

That's pretty quick. While I'm interested in politics, there is something about this time of year that's really...how do I say it? Annoying

Rather than rant, rave and debate, do something.  I don't mean run for office, I mean return a shopping cart. Pay for the drive thru behind you. Hold a door open, or let someone with three items skip you in the grocery line.

It's funny how election season has everyone debating on television, Facebook and at the dinner table.  Yes, it's important.  But it's still politics.  There are many players and its a very complicated, sometimes corrupt, game.

Political posts and clips remind me of Jehovah Witnesses.  I always wonder if anyone ever really invites them in to discuss corruption.  Does anyone really listen to an ad or read a post and change their vote?  Most of us arrive at our decision based on the journey we're on, we vote because of roads life has driven us down.

Not because of a bumper sticker.

Just last week a pair of Jehovahs were at my door.  Again.  The gentlemen looked at me with this huge smile and says,

"Good morning!  We're wondering if you might like to take time to discuss the corruption in the world today?"

Hmmmm.  Let me think about that.  It does sound like a pleasant way to spend a Tuesday morning...but NO.

Although my real answer was, No thank you.  I have a wonderful church and we're very happy there.  I grinned, beared it and tried to stay in my happy placeRegardless of my annoyance level, I was kind. 


When we strip away the nonsense, we're all more alike than we are different.  We may go about things in a different way, but most of us have good hearts.  Let's all stay in our happy place.  Be nice.  Be loving.  Be fair. 

And that will do more for this country than any president ever could.

To start my weekend, I'm going to think of my many "happy places"....

My Kids
My parents and siblings
Disney World
A Roulette Table
Watching a movie with Hubby
Watching a movie with Hubby and a bowl of ice cream
A Good Run
Starbucks
Sunshine on my face
And many, many more.....

Happy Friday...stay in your happy place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment