Pages

.

Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars


Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars


I pinned these on Pinterest last year, and have always wanted to try them.

I decided to whip them up yesterday for the kids for a fun Halloween treat.
They were super easy, and the kids loved them.  
Plus, they make a bunch!!




Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla (+1/2 tsp almond extract, optional)
5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together butter and sugar.  Add vanilla and eggs, and beat well.
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.

Spread into greased 13x18 pan, bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool, and then frost.

Frosting

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
pinch of salt
4 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbls milk
food coloring (optional)
sprinkles (optional)

In a mixer, cream together butter and shortening, add vanilla and salt.
Add powdered sugar and milk a little at a time, mixing until fluffy.

I tinted mine orange for this batch and topped with Halloween sprinkles.

The second batch I made (4 days later!!) I varied a bit. had a friend make them and add almond extract to the batter and to the frosting.  So I gave it a whirl.
YUM!!


I baked these up for a function at my husband's office tomorrow, 
I tinted them lime green!!


So, with or without the almond extract, they are SUPER YUMMY!!


Tiffany blue with multi -colored sprinkles




At Easter I made them with my White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting and added White Chocolate M&Ms!



These were ESPECIALLY GOOD!!




Can you say bake sale??

:)


I cut them with my pizza cutter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment