Pages

.

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Cupcakes 
with 
Marshmallow Buttercream


When I found the recipe for these on Pinterest, I knew I HAD to try them!!
I mean, who doesn't like rice krispy bars?!
Add cake batter?? Whoa Baby!!
I found the recipe on Baked from a Box
I added my Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting, and YUMM-O!!


What kid (or adult?) wouldn't want one?!


Cake Batter Rice Krispie Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream

3/4 stick of butter
3/4 cup yellow cake mix
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
1/2 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
1 Tbls  sprinkles

*note I DOUBLED the above and it made one dozen regular sized cupcakes.

Melt butter in the microwave for about 45 seconds.  Mix in marshamallows and return to microwave for about 30 seconds.  Stir and continue melting until well combined.  Don't overcook!!
Mix in cake mix and vanilla until combined.  Add sprinkles and rice Krispies.
Stir until well combined.

Either line mini muffin tines with liners or grease well.
Press cereal mixture into liners and press down with a spoon.
Cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

Make up a batch of my Marshamallow Buttercream (recipe found HERE)

Frost "cupcakes" and top with more sprinkles!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment