Pages

.

Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches

As of late my mother has been bringing baking supplies over every few visits.  At first I was simply grateful for the chocolate chip stockpile, but after the third delivery of goods I took the hint.  

She was wondering where the trans fats have been.

While I normally have a house that reeks of the Keebler Cookie Factory, my oven has been fairly out of commission since last Spring.  I just haven't gotten my groove back.  I've had back to school nights and doctor appointments.  I've been catching up on the cleaning that was so badly neglected over the summer.

But yesterday Hubby texted me that his customers were patiently waiting for dessert overflow from our kitchen.

I knew it was time to heat that oven to 350.  Well, 330 for this recipe.

And it felt fabulous.

The beauty of this recipe is you get to make jumbo sized cookies, and most of them disappear to the freezer.  This prevents "picking."  And you also can make a regular batch for Hubby to take to work, and a few for school lunches.

You don't have to make ice cream sandwiches out of all the cookies.  It's a two-for-one deal.  Cookies and ice cream sandwiches.

My kind of deal.

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, soft
1/2 c. coconut oil (or 1 stick margarine)
1 c. sugar
2 c. light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla

In separate bowl:
4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 bags chocolate chips

1 container chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

Yields 24 Jumbo Cookies, or 12 ice cream sandwiches

Cream butter, oil and sugars well, about 3-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.  Add vanilla.  Turn mixer to SLOW (STIR) and slowly incorporate flour mixture.  Mix until just combined.  By hand, stir in 2 bags chocolate chips (I prefer 1 bag to be chocolate chunk).

CHILL batter in freezer while you preheat oven to 330.

Scoop chilled batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto nonstick cookie sheet.

Bake on top rack, at 330, for 13-16 minutes.  Remove from oven when centers are a tad undone and let bake on pan 2-3 minutes longer to set centers.  Transfer to wire rack.
Look at those bad boys.

Once cookies are only slightly warm, scoop two scoops cookie dough ice cream and place in between two cookies.  Gently press cookies together.  This will work better when the cookies are a smidge warm.  If you cool your cookies completely, make sure ice cream sits out a few minutes before you make sandwiches.

I only made 6 sandwiches, and left 12 cookies for school lunch/at home enjoyment.  

Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap.  Store in freezer bag and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment