Pages

.

Pecan Pie



Honestly?
I have never really cared for pecan pie.
Many may gasp, but I didn't grow up with it, and pecans were never my favorite.
Gimme peanuts and chocolate or ooooo...cashews...but pecans?
Not so much.

So when I took pie orders for Thanksgiving, I had to do a little research, and asked for Pecan Pie loving
TASTE TESTERS.
I had quite a few takers.

This pie got RAVE reviews.  I found it at a blog that I have always had wonderful luck with recipes
 "Gimme Some Oven" --  first off, what a clever name!  and when I read her post on this pie, it made my heart happy.  It was all about her grandma, this is her grandma's pie recipe.

I hope you enjoy it as much as the pecan pie lovers in my life did!



Pecan Pie

1 pie crust PRE-BAKED < --find how to here
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 eggs beaten
1 stick of salted butter
2 cups pecans

Pre-bake your crust (click here for instructions)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees for pie.
In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.  Add eggs and whisk until smooth.

In a small saucepan, melt butter and heat for about 4-5 minutes, until butter becomes brown and fragrant.  Stir often.  Pour butter into the sugar mixture and whisk to combine.  Stir in pecan and pour into prepared crust.



Bake for 50-60 minute or until center is set.  If your crust edges begin to get too brown, you can remove pie and cover crust with foil.  I didn't have that problem with mine at all.
Cool pie on rack for 3-4 hours before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment