Pages

.

Almond Joy Brownie Bites


My Mother-in-law has a facebook page, and my father-in-law says he doesn't need one, because he just uses hers!!

Like most of you, if you're reading this. you love when people post recipes online.

(I love it even more when you all post MINE!! )  *grin*

My Father-in-law, Denny, loves sweets, even more, he loves coconut and chocolate.
My kids always give him all of their Almond Joy bars from their Halloween candy bag.

When he was perusing facebook and actually REQUESTED I make these, how could I resist?
I hit the jackpot in the Father-in-Law department, after all!

If you don't ever read Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's blog, you really should check it out.
I speak her language of sarchasm and mommyisms, and always enjoy her posts.
That is where I found the recipe for these Almond Joy Brownie Bites!



Almond Joy Brownie Bites

1 - 9x13 size bow brownie mix (or your own homemade)
4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 -14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 package of chocolate almond bark or chocolate candy quick
4 dozen almonds

Prepare mini muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
Prepare brownie mix according to the package instructions, and fill muffin cups about 1/2 full.

Bake according to package directions.  Mine took about 25 minutes.
Remove from tins and cool on counter.
My mix made exactly 4 dozen.

In a bowl combine sweetened condensed milk and coconut.
Stick an almond in the top of each brownie.


Place a ball of coconut on top of each brownie, and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes.



Melt chocolate candy according to package instructions.
Dip the tops of the brownies in chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, place in the refrigerator to set.



No comments:

Post a Comment