Pages

.

Chocolate Mint Candy Cookies


These are my contribution to my cookie exchange this year.
I made a "test batch" about 2 weeks ago, and they lasted all of 10 minutes, I swear!!

My sister-in-law, Karen, used to make these every year.
They are my niece, Leah's favorite cookie.

You don't have to sprinkle the candy canes on them, but I thought it made them more festive!





Chocolate Mint Candy Cookies

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 packages Andes Mints
Crushed Peppermints or candy canes (optional)

In a saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar, butter and water, stirring occasionally until butter is melted.  Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted. Let cool for about 10 minutes.

In your mixer, pour the chocolate batter.  Add and beat each egg one at a time.  Stir in flour, baking sod and salt.  Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place two inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. 
DO NOT OVER BAKE.

Place one Andes Mint on top of each cookie, let sit for about a minute to let it get all melty.
Swirl with the back of a spoon.
Top with crushed peppermint if you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment