Pages

.

15 Fun Gift Ideas for $30 or Less

Tis' the season.  The shops are bustling with shoppers and the mailman is busy delivering packages.  I have a list of people I'm shopping for, and I feel extremely accomplished every time I check a name off the list.

This time of year I love to show our appreciation for everyone we are grateful for throughout the year.  This includes family, friends, teachers and coaches.  It's never easy trying to keep all my buying and gifting in budget, especially with four kids.  Over the years I've discovered quite a few fun, easy and inexpensive gift ideas.  I'm wracking my mommybrain to list fifteen under (or at) $30.00, and please feel free to share in the comments any great ideas you may have as well!



1.  If you know a coffee drinker, try a $10 Dunkin' Donuts giftcard in a funky mug.  This is a good one for teachers.

If you are related to a coffee drinker, try a giftcard in a personalized mug.

2.  Everyone loves scratch off tickets.  Buy a few and stuff them in a pair of warm, fuzzy socks.  Looks just like a mini stocking full of chances to win something bigger.

3.  Etsy has some amazing gifts for everyone on your list.  My favorite for family and friends?  The Family Birthday Calendar.
                                      Custom made Family Birthday Calendar.
How fun is this?  $30.00 and there has never been a better way to remember family birthdays.

4.  Touch Gloves.  For anyone (like myself) with poor circulation in their hands and feet these are a must have.  You can use your touch screen phone without having to take off your gloves, which would have been fabulous when I was standing in line outside Black Friday.

Below is my pick for ladies, for cost and cuteness.  There are great sleek styles for men as well.


5.  Know a friend who can use a a little "me" time?  Consider a gift card for a manicure/pedicure.  Add a box of gourmet chocolates and you have one happy recipient.

6.  I love these hand stamped personalized necklaces from JillianBDesigns on Etsy.


                                       Hand-Stamped Sterling Silver Initial Necklace
7. For kids, I don't think you can wrong with anything Melissa and Doug.  This week on Amazon you can score some great Melissa and Doug toys.

Melissa and Doug

8. Have a person on your list who needs just about nothing?  Or someone you have no idea what to buy them?  Consider a gift in the their name.  Through Samaritan's Purse, you can give towards the cost of clean water, clothes and shoes or even teaching a child to read. 

This is my favorite gift idea for teachers.  Teaching a child to read and write is only $15, and making this donation helps your child's teacher reach far beyond their classroom.  Very cool.

9.  For the active person on your gift list, try Philips ActionFit Sports Earhook Headphones.  I only suggest these because Hubby loves them, and they do stay on the ears while running.  Even better? They don't need to be jammed inside your ear to work well.  


10.  Just about anything from my blogger friend Sam's Goodnyou? Etsy shop.  My favorite is the homemade body butter.  
                                             Goodnyou? Body Butter {7 oz}


11.  Have you ever shopped at Red Envelope?  Everything arrives packaged in a ridiculously adorable red box.  I love, love LOVE these infomania family table topics

A box of cards with fab conversation starters sure to drive all kids crazy.

12.  For the gardener in your life?  Try these top rated monogrammable gardening gloves from Red Envelope.  Again, they arrive in that adorable gift box. 

13.  Soft, fun pajamas.  I don't know anyone who doesn't love soft flannel pajama pants.  Well, maybe my sister-in-law, but she is just too stylish and adorable and looks great in yoga pants.

We won't count her in the flannel pant comment. 

Pajamas are great for kids too, of course with a small stuffed animal or toy.  Old Navy currently has some fabulous finds when it comes to everything cozy.

14.  Anything Lolita.  Lolita makes adorable hand painted glasses and bowls, and they are my absolute favorite funky, fun gift.

Lolita Gifts

15.  When all else fails, go homemade.  Make up festive baskets with chocolate dipped pretzels, oreos or even crackers.  Sprinkle with festive sugars and package everything in ribbons and bows.  Add a gift card, a bottle of wine or cookie cutters and kitchen towels. 

The gift will be unique and useful, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Share your gift ideas in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment