Pages

.

The Nook Reader (and me)

For Christmas, Hubby very graciously gave me a Nook Reader.  Nothing fancy, just simple.  Like me.

Just recently, I loaded my first book on my new gadget.  It did take me a few days to figure out how things work, kind of like my mother when she learned to use the internet.  For Hubby, it must have been painful to watch. 

Although I'm pretty sure he paid me no attention.

Before long, I was reading away, finally enjoying books again in the quiet of my bed.  I turned off the television, turned on my Nook, and read until I fell asleep.

I did this every night for the last few nights.

Recently, Hubby has been complaining about ice cream spills and stains on our bedding.  There were even some rainbow sprinkles stuck to parts of the quilt.

I plead the fifth.

Aren't rainbow sprinkles grand?

I was feeling extra motivated yesterday morning, so I stripped the bed.  I washed the blanket.  I asked Hubby to retrieve it from the dryer last night.  He did.

When he went to open the washer, and toss in some laundry, he yelled at me with both names.  I knew this was serious.  I was hoping the kids were involved and it wasn't me.

No kids involved.  Just my Nook Reader, in the bottom of the washing machine.  Extra clean, and extra broken.

Just when I was starting to love it, it's gone.  To rectify the situation I went out and bought a new one this morning.  I loved that Nook too much.

Check your sheets before you wash everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment