Pages

.

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

stuffed cabbage rolls

Cabbage is one of those things I didn't like as a kid, but it's grown on me... 
now I think it's quite good!!

My husband and I have been married for 21 years, and I have NEVER made these!

Both of us grew up eating them, and for some reason they popped into my head this morning when he asked the age old question
"what's for dinner?"



So, when I paid my Sunday homage to the grocery to stock up on lunch box food, I picked up the ingredients and whipped them up.

hot out of the oven



Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

2 pounds ground beef
i - 29 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup instant rice, uncooked
1 head green cabbage
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place a large pan of water to boil on the stove.

Prepare a covered deep baking dish wit non-stick cooking spray.

Combine ground beef with rice, onion, cheese and spices.  Form into decent sized meatballs.

Peel pieces of cabbage, trying to keep them "intact" place into boiling water for about a minute to 
slightly wilt them.

Roll a meatball up in the cabbage and place seam side down into baking dish. 

Pour tomato sauce over the top, cover and bake for one hour.

Makes about 10 rolls.




No comments:

Post a Comment