Pages

.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (You NEED to make these)

Trans fat lovers, this is serious.  These cookies are the best I have ever tasted.

I have had the recipe printed (off Pinterest, naturally) for a few weeks.  However, in all the moving mayhem I've held off on baking just about anything.

Yesterday, while emptying more of my kitchen, I decided to bake the pantry away.  I grabbed this recipe, and went to work.

When these bad boys came out of the oven, I was only sorry I didn't double the batch.  They are large, hold their chunky shape, chewy with a hint of crisp around the edges and soft  in the middle.  

Can you even imagine a combination?  

It must be the cornstarch.   Which translates to I now love cornstarch.


3/4 butter (salted)
3/4 light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chunk chips

Beat butter on low speed until fluffy and smooth (2 minutes).  Add sugars, beat medium high speed until creamed (2-3 minutes).  Scrape bowl.  Add egg, vanilla and beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy (3 minutes).  Slowly incorporate flour, cornstarch and baking soda with mixer on lowest (crawling pace) speed.

Add in chocolate chunks, stir by hand.

Chill dough 10-20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350, and scoop heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.  Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges look done but centers look a bit gooey.  Remove from oven, and allow cookies to set on pan for another 2-3 minutes before transfer to wire rack.

Makes about 18 large cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment