Pages

.

The Final Stretch

This week we are finishing up everything we need for our move.  Along with broken nails and filthy floors, this move has forced me to eat many many carbohydrates.

These include simple and complex carbohydrates.  It is not helping my current quest to stop jiggle before I slide into a pair of shorts.

Yesterday, my mother came over with more boxes.  She also forced me to attack the bedrooms I was avoiding so well.  This included the girls' room (holy hair ties) and my son's room.  If you haven't noticed, my mother is a saint.  She moves at warp speed and before I knew it we were stacking more boxes in the garage.

I strive to be just like her when I'm a grandma.  Except I'll wear plenty of corny holiday sweaters, but only because I love giant knit Christmas trees and cotton Halloween ghosts.

Don't ask.

The current state of my house is disarray, but we're getting there.  Three more trash bags are by the door, and two more bags of donations.

Baby steps.  Always baby steps.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment