Pages

.

Relocation Stuff



As of late, along with whipping my butt into Christmas shopping shape, I've been packing.  And cleaning.  And packing.

We've decided to rent our house, because we had no other option.  Isn't that an easy way to make a decision?  Hmmm...looking at these numbers, you can either rent, or rent! Like so many other families, we just can't take the loss in the real estate market right now.  I love my house, and selling it for next to nothing would be similar to someone punching me in the jugular, laughing and running away with my money.

Literally. 

I don't have a renter for our house, I haven't even put the house up for rent.  I just have this nagging feeling that I'll be in a mad rush to move everything when it's time to relocate.  I'm fairly certain I'll be in a mad rush no matter how much time I have to pack, despite my best efforts to be uber organized and prepared.  That's how I roll.

And so I prepare to rent our house.  I'm currently praying for a nice family to find our home, and care for it like it's their own.  The whole idea scares me to bits, since I've never rented anything or rented to anyone.  But there is a first for everything, and I have a strong belief that the more I experience, the more I learn and evolve as a person.  I gain knowledge and more importantly, compassion.  The more shoes I walk in the more I'm able to understand others.  I have faith that after all is said and done, I'll understand the real estate renter's market.

Or maybe I'll just be crawling my way back to sanity. 

This week, my current count on trash bags is eight.  Eight large, black trash bags of broken toys, stained clothes and many other odds and ends I've plucked off my carpets.

My current count on bags I've donated to Goodwill is ten.  I must admit the closets are much less cluttered without all the stuff I was saving for no apparent reason.  I had about eight purses stashed in my closet because they were either Coach, DKNY or Kate Spade.

I haven't carried any of them since I moved to this house 5 1/2 years ago, but I saved them regardless.  They are currently all for sale at the Goodwill.

On this note, I'm headed to vacuum some dust bunnies from under the couch.  Wishing everyone a wonderful start to the week.  Thanks to all our veterans out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment