Pages

.

Ipoh Kway Teow Soup in New Star Kopitiam Near Plaza Sentosa, Johor Bahru, Malaysia


Today, my friend Bryan brought me to this little stall at New Star kopitiam near to Plaza Sentosa (the former Lien Hoe Complex) in Taman Sentosa.
 

Bryan said I must try this stall's Ipoh Kway Teow soup.


One sip and I was literary bowed over by the full bodied soup which had a distinct prawny, umami flavour.


Other than the soup, the rest of the ingredients that made up the dish such as the hor fun, prawns and pieces of chicken were pretty ordinary in taste. But, the outstanding soup alone was enough to make me add this stall to my list of favourites.


When I saw the little mountain of prawn heads used to make the soup, there was little wonder as to why the soup was so deeply prawny and umami.


Furthermore, this stall uses sea prawns which are more flavourful than farm bred freshwater prawns.


I will be back to try out their equally popular prawn mee.


Restaurant name: Noodle stall in New Star kopitiam
Address: Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa (Opposite Plaza Sentosa, formerly Lien Ho Complex)
GPS: 1.493268,103.769677
Hour: (closed on Thursday)
Non Halal

Date visited: 20 Nov 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment