Pages

.

Movin' On Up

Today was my oldest baby's "Moving Up Ceremony."  He is transitioning from his cozy, loving, wonderfully supportive elementary school to the big bad middle school.

That was me talking.  If you ask him it would sound a little more exciting.

He has spent the last five years of his life within the walls of his elementary school.  He has learned to read, write, take tests, buy lunch and do homework.  He has grown from a small boy who played with trains to a big kid who lives for sports and ESPN.  He has met good friends and learned hard lessons.

It was a pretty incredible experience. 

My baby is now a "middle schooler," which frightens the bejesus out of me.  He is thrilled about the vending machines in the middle school lunchroom and I'm terrified about how fast time is flying.

It seems like just yesterday we were graduating preschool.
But I must have slept a few nights because today my baby moved up to middle school.

Where does the time go?
Today I was misty eyed as my boy received a fitness award, and even better, the Citizenship Award.  We cheered on his friends and spent the afternoon celebrating with the families in his grade.  

It was a fabulous day, and I could not be more proud of my little guy.

And I wish him every happiness in middle school.  Vending machines and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment