Pages

.

Father's Day Weekend


This weekend we blew off all of our commitments and took our kids to the beach.  Well, we blew off very few commitments and arranged a way around the others.

Our time at the beach is going to be limited this summer.  I work many weekends, the kids have camps, and on August 1st we become slaves to football practices.  We knew this weekend was a prime opportunity to squeeze in some time in the sand, and we couldn't let a weekend at the beach pass us by.  There is nothing like the smell of that salt air.
For the past several months, my dad has been steadily working on opening a business near his beach house.  He has been living at the beach for most of this past month.  This weekend, in between his work commitments and getting his new venture up and running, I was able to spend some time with my dad.

And my kids were able to mess up his beach house. 

Even though the days are never long enough, our mini vacation was much needed.  The kids were able to see my dad, and they jumped all over him, made noise and reminded him of how chaotic kids can be. 

They also were able to play in the waves, and lay in the sand.  The sun was out in full force Saturday and we had an amazingly awesome day.  Sunday was overcast, but we enjoyed our time just the same.  The mood is always lighter when the ocean is a block away. 

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there.  I know mine is one swell dude.  My Hubby isn't too shabby either when it comes to being a dad.

Which makes me one lucky chick.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment