Pages

.

How to Make a Shirt for Field Day


Remember Field Day?  That day towards the end of school when you did nothing but play games?  It's a free-for-all tied in with an "it's almost summer!" excitement that every child should experience.

Usually classes are teams.  In our school, in every grade each class is assigned a team color.  This year my boys are blue team, my daughter is yellow team.

Last year all my kids were red team.  It was pretty awesome.

For the past few years, I have made a tradition of making field day shirts with my kids.  Once I know what color team they are, I head to Michael's Craft Store and grab them shirts.  I also comb the aisles for sale or clearance iron on decals.

If your children are lucky enough to have field day, keep your eyes open throughout the year for great deals on fabric markers and anything to decorate shirts.  Puff paints, iron on letters and glitter included.
Once you have groovy shirt decorating tools like fabric markers you will be able to use them for a few years.  Keep them all together in a bag like this one, and every year you won't have to dig all over your closet or junk drawer when it's time to decorate shirts.

If you are tight on money (I know the feeling) puff paints and glitter work wonders on shirts.  Make designs or write on the shirt with the puff paint, and sprinkle glitter over top.  Allow to dry and shake off the excess.
Your kids will be proud to sport their homemade shirts to field day, and they will have a great jammie shirt for years to come.  You'll remember making the shirt every time your child wears it, or every time you run it through the wash.

And trust me, you'll be glad you spent $5.00 on a shirt for you and your munchkin to decorate.  You'll keep the memories with your forever.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment