Pages

.

Mommyhood Beach

If you read my blog regularly...you know several weeks ago we started a patio.  "Started" meaning we dug the hole.  A perfect 10x10 square for what was supposed to house some patio stone.  And the patio stone was supposed to house a firepit, and some chairs. 

When the project was complete we were going to chill on our patio all summer.  I imagined music and smores.  Hubby imagined friends and beer.

Same difference. 

The patio hit a road block a few weeks ago, when Hubby bought play sand to fill the hole.  I was fairly certain he needed something more along the lines of patio sand.  For pavers.  And people making patios.

The trouble was that Hubby had already dumped all 33 bags of playsand before I was able to nag him and tell him he can't just buy any sand when making a patio.  He was not in the mood for my 'tude, if you catch my drift. 

The upside to this whole scenario was that the munchkins were pretty stoked about this sand situation.  I think within minutes of seeing it they were playing in it.  And this continued for hours.  Days.  Weeks.

On Sunday, it was rather warm, and the sun was shining.  The kids wanted to swim, but along with no central air, we have no pool.

Unless you count the $30 blow up one in my garage from last summer.

My mommybrains decided to make a beach out of our giant sand pit.  I blew up that pool with our mini air pump and placed it right on the edge of my patio-turned-sandbox.  I filled that sucker with water and told the munchkins to grab their suits.

Mommyhood Beach was born.
The afternoon was spent running and leaping into our classy blow up pool.  And of course playing on the beach.

When life gives you lemons, make that lemonade.  When Hubby dumps playsand in the patio hole, make a beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment