Pages

.

Our New Beagle Puppy

A few weeks ago, while visiting our friends in Pennsylvania, I saw this picture.
The backstory goes like this:

My friend Krista's boss has three beagles.  One of them got pregnant, and the pregnancy was unexpected (gasp!).  Their beagle had two puppies in late January, and they couldn't keep them both.

I quickly commented that I wanted one if he was giving those babies away.  How could I resist those faces?

Last week, before we left to visit these lovely friends in Pennsylvania for Memorial Day weekend, Krista called me.  She wanted to know if I still wanted one of those puppies.

Oh man.  I had to think about it.  Do I need more chaos in my life? No.  Do I need more dog food and vet bills?  Most definitely not.

But this house surpassed logic and sanity long ago.  I also have animal crazed munchkins who are very good about helping and caring for our current dog, Georgia.

I told her to save me that pup.  And she did.
We brought "Penny" (from Pennsylvania) home yesterday.  The kids have been over the moon ecstatic with our new family member, and Penny has been a dream.  She is calm, friendly and fairly lazy as far as puppies go.  I attribute this to being raised among many other animals and a few children before she became ours this past weekend.  She is also four months old, which helps with potty habits and sleeping through the night.

Our current dog, Georgia, gave Penny a quick "I own this place" stare down and has been uninterested ever since.

Georgia is the queen of lazy.  And indifferent.

We now have two dogs laying around and four very happy munchkins.  I just took a trip with Moopa to Petsmart for Penny's first name tag and some dog treats. 

Before heading home we cruised to Target and brought a gallon of Febreze.  Gotta love animals. 

Happy Trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment