Pages

.

Indulgence

Since having a family, indulgence for me has evolved greatly. 

I have gone from buying myself clothes (high school), to buying myself less clothes (very minimal time in college), to hours at the salon (engagement year), to Babies R' Us to buy anything I could afford (early Mommy years) to trips to Target to buy as much generic as possible (current lifestyle).

Indulgence these days means scented hand wash.  Or Dove soap.  If I'm really feelin' crazy I buy triple bladed razors.

My nails are in bits most days because I clean my floors.  And my toilets.  And most everything else within these walls.

Hey, I even clean the walls.

I can safely say manicures are a far second to money in the school lunch account.  And pedicures?  No one will see my feet until May.

When my munchkins ask (and they do) why my hair is "one color on top and a different color on the bottom", I tell them it's because they are signed up for summer camp.  And that Dad has too much baggage to go anywhere anyway.

Kidding.

I may not have everything I want (my kitchen counters could use a face lift...) but I have more than what I need.  My soul is full and my days are happy.

I am less spoiled in "things" but extremely spoiled in love. 

And it's a fabulous trade.

Happy Weekend to all.  Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment