Pages

.

I'm Thankful

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!

We're beginning our holiday with a much needed visit to see family, and I'm wishing everyone a very happy, healthy Thanksgiving.

This year has brought our family many ups and downs, and we've learned from every single experience.  We've gained and identified true friends, made difficult decisions and worked day and night to adjust our family to our new life in Pennsylvania.

After seven months here, I can say we've been successful on that front.  The kids are happy, and when the kids are happy I'm happy.  Trust me there were days I wondered if we did the right thing moving our oldest.  While the other kids were settling in and excited about all the "new-ness" around them, he was struggling to feel at home.  He was missing friends and family.  He wanted to be back in his old house, with his old routines and everything else he knew. 

I can say with confidence he feels at home now.  And for that I'm extremely thankful.

Remember to be thankful in all things; we grow and learn most in difficult times.  Count your blessings, and not everything you wish you had.  Even on trying days I can look around me and see how abundantly wonderful my life is. When Hubby came home several weeks ago with the news he was no longer employed, I saw myself in all those Oprah shows I watched over the years.  This time, it wasn't someone else sharing their story.  I wasn't watching it on television.

It was us.

But here we are, trucking along.  I put my trust in God, and knew there was a reason.  I looked around me and remembered what my dad said.  You have everything you need.  You and the kids are healthy.  A job can be replaced.  This CAN BE worse.  He was right, and we made it through.  I've learned more about my family and friends in these past few weeks than I have in a long time.

There is so much to be thankful for every day, and I'm wishing all of you a wonderful weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving, and happy official start of the holiday season!

Much Love,
Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment