Pages

.

Whiskey Peach Pie


My Mother-In_Law loves Peach Pie.
It's her favorite!
So, typically when I ask her what kind of pie to bring, she says peach...even for Thanksgiving!
FYI... It's nearly impossible to find fresh peaches in Nebraska in November.

But not in August when it's her Birthday!!
My friend, Betsy, has three fabulous peach trees in her yard, and is so sweet to let me pick as many as I want!!

So this past August I made my Mother-in-Law this Whiskey Peach Pie, I also made her this 



Whiskey Peach Pie

Double Pie Crust

Filling:
7 cups sliced fresh peaches
1/2 c - 1 c sugar
 (I used 1/2 c because the peaches were so sweet on their own!)
1/3 c flour
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons whiskey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a deep dish pie pan with the bottom crust.
Toss peaches with whiskey, sugar, flour and spices.

*I added a little more flour to mine, because the peaches I used were SO RIPE.  I didn't want my pie to be watery.  Start off with 1/3 cup and if they seem really wet sprinkle a little more on them

Pour into pie crust.

Add top crust.  you can just make a regular top crust, or a lattice topped one like I did here.


Ready for the oven!

Dust crust lightly with cinnamon/sugar. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Serve with ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment