Pages

.

Halloween Spider Web Cupcakes

Tis' the season for junk food.  Last Thursday I made approximately 60 Halloween cupcakes.  Half went to the school snack sale and the other half to my son's classroom for his 6th birthday.

In my efforts to make the birthday cupcakes exciting I made spider webs.  I even added a spider ring.

Always the overachiever.

But I can say with confidence the munchkins loved them, and they looked pretty "Halloween fancy".  They also made my spider ring impulse buy at Target extremely worthwhile.

These are fabulous for Halloween parties, for the classroom or just for fun at home.

I would even recommend bringing them into the office.  You never outgrow cupcakes with plastic spider rings.


1 box cupcake mix
1 container vanilla frosting
1 container chocolate frosting
1 plastic sandwich bag
1 pack spider rings

Prepare and bake cupcakes as directed.  Let cool.

Once cool, frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting.  Fill plastic sandwich bag 1/2 full with chocolate frosting and with scissors snip off small corner. 

Using the sandwich bag, make two large circles with the chocolate frosting on each cupcake.  Make one circle inside the other.
With a knife, start at center of each cupcake and gently drag knife down to edge.  Repeat four to six times, depending on how you want your "web" to look. 
Add spider ring and admire.
**a repost**

No comments:

Post a Comment