Pages

.

St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes

Ever since returning from vacation time has escaped me.  Maybe it's because I'm still in vacation mode.  Maybe it's because we're relocating in a few weeks and I can't think straight.  Maybe it's a little bit of both.

Regardless, I remembered this week that St. Patrick's Day is this week.  Nothing like last minute. I've posted these beauties before and because I'm short on time and creativity, I'm posting them again.

These little guys are great for St. Patrick's Day, a little "over the rainbow" and a lot of sugar.  Just what every munchkin desires.


St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Cupcakes

One box white cake mix, prepared
One container vanilla icing
Assorted food coloring (I used red, blue, green)
Cupcake liners
Green sugar for decorating

Prepare cupcake mix.  Separate batter evenly into four small bowls.  Using food coloring, tint batter in 3 of the bowls, each a different color.  Leave one bowl with the plain batter.

Spoon the batter into cupcake liners, alternating colors.  I find they look best when you finish with the standard un-tinted cupcake batter on top. 

Bake as directed.  I bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Cool.

Frost generously with icing.  I tinted mine green and rolled edges on green decorator sugars.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment