Pages

.

Easy Craft: Easter Bunny Masks

*From the archives, enjoy!*
Before I moved to New York, I held Easter Egg Hunts at my house in Pennsylvania.  I had a tight group of Mommy friends and our munchkins played together frequently.

Life is now much busier and my munchkins have grown in number and size.  These days egg hunts in my yard are reserved for Easter morning.  The number of friends I would need to include would surpass the amount of energy I have to dedicate to an egg hunt.

When I held my annual egg hunts I made masks for the kids to wear.  They sported them while they hunted for eggs.

It was an easy craft.  My munchkins made their own while I prepared masks for their friends.

The masks were simple and they transformed the eager egg hunting munchkins into tiny bunnies.

This week before Easter my munchkins are off from school, and we may just dig out the paper plates and revisit our Bunny Mask Craft.  Or maybe we'll set them up on Easter with their cousins and let them create one to wear for the family egg hunt.

We'll see where the wind takes us.

Bunny Mask Craft
Supplies:
  • Two plain, white paper plates
  • Pink construction paper, pink paint or pink marker
  • Scissors
  • Stapler
  • Glue
  • Crayons, markers, or paint
  • Optional: small pink pompom
  • Optional: elastic 

1.  Either paint the center of 1st paper plate pink or cut a circle from pink construction paper and glue in place (it should be the same size as the inside of a paper plate).

2.  Cut in half, set aside.  These are bunny ears.

3.   Cut a triangular wedge out of other paper plate for child's nose. 

 
                                    image via Enchanted Learning Center

4.  Staple the ears to the face, and cut two holes for eyes.

5.  Draw whiskers, attach elastic on sides of mask to keep mask in place when worn. 

6.  Optional: glue a small pink pompom to the center of the face for nose.

Happy Crafting! 

Like this craft?  Pin it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment