Pages

.

Diet Coke Brownies

I'm about to tell you about brownies I made yesterday for my son's football tailgate.  I made them with a can of Diet Coke.

Seriously.

I had every intention of making a tray of cookies, but I had no sugar.  I then decided to make brownies, but after I poured the mix into the bowl I realized I had no oil.

Or no applesauce, my "go-to" substitution for oil.

It's fair to say that the current grocery situation in my house is questionable.  Today I went to make lunches and I realized I had no bread.  After making a lunch that consisted of bagged cereal, a Pop Tart, an apple and a NutriGrain Bar, Hubby just declared it "Wacky Monday."

These brownies would definitely fall into that category.

Truthfully, this is NOT my idea.  As with everything I learn these days, I found it on Pinterest.  Just like applesauce is my "go to" substitution for oil, Pinterest is my "go to" place when I need help with just about anything.

I would be lying if I said these were my favorite brownies in the world.  They weren't.  But they did taste like hundreds of other brownies I've indulged in.  These little guys are more cake like, I prefer a fudgy brownie.  They bake kind of funny (you need to rotate the dish a few times) but they are super easy to make. 

If you must, dress them up with a few chocolate chips or chocolate frosting.  My brownies did have a few chocolate chunks tossed in.  I couldn't help myself.
1 box Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge brownie mix (any mix will work, this is for nutrition information below)
1 can Diet Coke

Heat oven to 350, grease 9x13 dish.

Mix soda and brownie mix.  Start with 1/2 can soda and add until desired consistency.  The entire can may make the batter too thin.

Bake for 30 minutes.  You need to rotate the pan at least twice to ensure these bake through.  If needed, lower oven temperature and bake an extra 5-10 minutes to cook center.

Makes 24 brownies.

Enjoy!

Mommyhood Footnote:  These are an excellent choice for the calorie conscious.   One brownie is 92 calories and 2 grams fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment