Pages

.

Char Siew and Siew Yoke @ Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王 Restaurant in Taman Ungku Tun Aminah in Johor Bahru, Malaysia


I have tried and was very impressed with Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王's famous roast duck.


Then, readers told me that I must also try 822 超级鸭王's famous char siew (BBQ pork 叉烧) and siew yoke (crispy roast belly pork 脆皮烧肉).

So I paid another visit to one of my favourite roast duck shops but to try their char siew and siew yoke.
 

Look at 882's char siew. Don't be deceived by this untidy looking heap.


The skilfully sliced thin pieces of char siew were a blend of sweet caramelised outer layer, creamy fat and smoky lean meat.
 

Not cholesterol friendly but irresistibly delicious eye candy and nice to chew on :) Your taste buds will sing and thank you for it :P


Again, the siew yoke was similarly presented very causally.


The siew yoke was a good blend of crackly savoury skin, delicately salty lean meat, and smooth sweet juicy fats.

I was able to stop only because I have cleaned up my entire plate :P

So the next time I visit Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王, I will treat myself to the whole works of roast duck, char siew and siew yoke.

 

Restaurant name: Restoran Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王
Address: 36, Jalan Nakhoda 1, Skudai, Johor Bahru 81300
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/DnZUt
GPS: 1.520620,103.660420
Hours: Daily (closed on Thursdays)
Non Halal

Date visited: 20 Jan 2012, 9 Sep 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment