Pages

.

Ravioli Casserole

Last night before I left for work, I threw together one of the easiest, make ahead of time, cost effective dinners ever created.

I named it Ravioli Casserole.  Hubby was in charge of serving dinner, since I was working.  I needed something he could toss in the oven and have ready in ten minutes.  It also had to be child friendly.  Hubby is much less likely to prepare an extra meal if a munchkin cries they won't eat something.

Or that it looks disgusting.

Or that it smells bad.

From the looks of the leftover dish today, everyone ate dinner happily.  I can't even really call this a recipe, since it is so easy and simple.  It's more of an idea.

Here's my great twenty minute, make ahead, cost effective dinner idea:
1 bag meat or cheese ravioli
1 bag shredded cheese (Italian blend)
1/2 cup chopped pepperoni (optional)
1/2 cup chopped kielbasa (optional)
1 jar meat sauce

Boil ravioli.  Drain, add sauce.  In casserole dish, combine ravioli, pepperoni and kielbasa.  Sprinkle shredded cheese, toss well.  Generously sprinkle cheese over top, cover with foil and keep in fridge.

Bake on 350 for 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.

Serve with french bread, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment