Pages

.

"Hamburger" Cupcakes

hamburger cupcakes - by Tonja


I have been friends with Tonja, well, since I took her job in 1991.
Sounds terrible doesn't it?
Well, it didn't really play out quite like that.

I went to work for a bridal salon, taking a full-time job as a bridal consultant.
It was funny, because all I kept hearing about was the girl that had my job before I did.

"Tonja, Tonja, Tonja!!"
(insert Jan Brady whine here)

Funny thing was, every time she talked to the girls who worked there, or she stopped in, they were always talking about me.

We got to know each other a while later, and lost our jealousy...
She and I were both pregnant with our first babies, and we both had boys!

We were both stay at home moms, and we would talk on the phone all day.
Now you might think I am exaggerating, but it really was ALL DAY.

Like, charge one cordless phone while you talked, and when they beeped, 
time to switch off again.

We used to meet at the mall with the boys in the strollers, for "something to do."
(for the record I think 1995 was the last time I was bored)

Well, Tonja has always been a baker.  
I was the cooker, but she was always making cookies or something.  
My favorite cookies of hers I shared with you at Christmas:


adorable!!

Last night she sent me a picture of these adorable cupcakes that she made for her daughter's softball party.
I shared the picture with all of you on facebook, and everyone wanted to know how to do it!

I asked her if she could send more photos, so I could blog about it, and she obliged me!



She is so darn talented!!




Tonja's Hamburger Cupcakes

1 box white cake mix (or your own recipe)
Chocolate frosting
White frosting, tinted red, green and yellow
White sprinkles

Make cake mix according to box instructions.  Line cupcake pans with liners.
Fill the cupcake liners 1/3 of the way full.
You want them to bake just to the edge of the liner, not "muffin top" over.

When cupcakes are almost done baking and still moist on top, add the sprinkles.
Continue baking until done.

Remove the cakes from the liners and cut them in half.

Pipe chocolate frosting on the bottom layer of the cupcake to make the burger.
Drizzle the red, yellow and green frosting towards the edges to resemble the condiments.
Put the tops on....
and you have hamburger cupcakes!!


Tonja and I have known each other for 21 years.
Time has gone on, our lives have changed, but when we get to see one another, we always have a great time!

Like this past weekend!
She and I attended the Def Leppard and Poison concert at our ball field, TD Ameritrade Park.
You may have heard of it?  It's where the College World Series is held every year?

This is a picture of us from last Saturday night!

me and Tonja at the concert

Can you believe, we were already sitting in the 9th row.  We had good seats.  
Then right after Poison was done playing, the security guard came and invited us to sit in the front row!!

It was SO COOL!!


Doing a cupcake cheers to you, my good friend!!

Thanks for sharing your masterpieces with us!!

<3





No comments:

Post a Comment