Pages

.

Irish Cream Cheesecake

Irish Cream Cheesecake

I have to tell you how excited I was to be invited to Joan from
first ever Blog Hop!

When Joan told me that she was having a St. Patrick's Day Blog Hop, I knew I had to join in!

So, I started looking at recipes and I settled on this recipe from Meals.com.


a little slice of Irish heaven

When I started to get the ingredients out to bake, my kids saw that bag of mini-chocolate chips and flocked to see what I was making! 

When they saw the crushed Graham crackers and cream cheese, their eyes lit up when I said 
"cheesecake."


Isn't it pretty adorned with that shamrock lei?

I told them that this wasn't just a chocolate chip cheese cake, but one with Irish Cream.
Of course, they are kids and don't really get the yumminess of Bailey's!!

I told them to just trust me!


if their mouths weren't watering yet, they sure did when the can of whipped cream came out!




Irish Cream Cheesecake
from meals.com

CRUST:

1 3/4 cups crushed chocolate Graham crackers (I couldn't find these, I used chocolate Teddy Grahams)
6 teaspoons of melted butter

FILLING:

3 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup Irish Cream liquor
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 Tablespoon of flour

Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9" spring form pan.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating into mixture well.

Add Irish cream, stir in well. 

Combine 1/2 cup of chips with flour and gently stir into filing.

Pour into prepared pan, and sprinkle remaining chips on top.

Bake 45 minutes.  Edges will be set but middle will jiggle a bit.

Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and cool in fridge for 3+ hours.

Top with whipped cream, and sprinkles if you like, before serving!


To see all of the other recipes in this blog hop:







Please go take a look at these wonderful recipes and food bloggers pages, you will be glad that you did!





No comments:

Post a Comment