Pages

.

Irish American Soda Bread

Earlier this week, Savannah over at Hammock Tracks sent me an email asking if I would like to do a recipe exchange. 


There is very little that sings to my blogging heart more than a recipe exchange.

Savannah decided to bake my cinnamon bread.  After cruising through her site, I knew I was destined to make her Irish-American Soda Bread.  I knew it was my destiny for two reasons:

1.  I love Irish Soda Bread.
2.  Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day

Today Savannah is posting the recipe she selected from my site, and I am posting her Irish-American Soda Bread.  I urge my readers to stop by Hammock Tracks and see how my recipe turned out.

Savannah's recipe was a huge success.  The bread was moist, sweet and it's currently in my tummy.

If the kitchen is your haven, Savannah has a blog packed full of mouth watering recipes. Thanks Savannah for sharing this one!


4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of dried cranberries
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
**1 tablespoons caraway seeds (I omitted the caraway seeds because I knew my munchkins prefer it without)
Mix together dry ingredients, set aside.  Beat the eggs slightly.  Stir the the milk and the sour cream into the eggs.  Incorporate the egg mixture into the dry mixture.  Stir until a cookie dough like batter develops (I used a standing mixer, mixing with hook attachment on low).  Spoon into greased pan and press out flat.  Cut two 3-4 inch slits in the shape of a cross to the top of the dough.  Bake in greased 9” pan for 60-65 minutes at 350F degrees.

I baked for 60 minutes, and sprinkled with powdered sugar.  The bread was divine.
Thanks again Savannah.  Wishing everyone a very happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment