Pages

.

Grandma Jane's Peanut Butter Cookies

I consider myself very lucky to be a stay-at-home-mom. When I was growing up, my Mom was always at home for us, and I loved that. If you have followed my blog at all, you have probably noticed that I speak of her a lot. My Mom is one of the most special and inspirational people in my life. Not only is she my Mom, she is my very best friend. I can go to her about anything. She is always there for me to laugh with, cry with, and give me direction when I am lost. (even when that means giving me a good swift kick in the fanny!!)  Maybe that is why when I was growing up, and in school they would ask the kids "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Kids would shout "doctor!" "teacher!" "fireman!"  What did I always say? "I want to be a Mom." She gives me big shoes to fill, but someday I hope that my kids can look back on their childhood and think that my "job" as their Mom was important.


grandma jane's peanut butter cookies

It was always a special day when my brother and I walked home from school to find that my Mom had baked something for our after school snack. You knew it the second you walked in the door and were greeted by that scent only something sweet baking in the oven can make!  I have lots of favorite things that my Mom makes, they are very much my "comfort foods." We all have them.  One of mine, her peanut butter cookies! I don't know what it is, but these are the BEST peanut butter cookies I have ever had.  Today I had just that craving. 

Time to share with you!!


Grandma Jane's Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon  salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the above ingredients together.  Drop rounded ball shapes onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Dip the tines of a fork into granulated sugar and "cris-cross" them onto the cookie. (you could also use a cookie stamp)  Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch them closely, because in order for them to be soft and chewy, you can't over bake them! When the edges are brown, it's time to take them out.  Leave them on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before removing to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!


my mom and I in her kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment