Pages

.

13 for 2013

I'm not big on resolutions.  I've made them before, and like everyone else they fade into the blur of my life.   I last a few days, a few weeks, and before I know it I don't even remember to try and keep up with my resolutions.

I've never had much success promising to change myself.  But I have had success promising myself I will do something.

In 2013, I'm not changing myself.  I'm resolving to be myself.  And here are 13 other things I will do in 2013.
1.  Pay for someone behind me in the drive-thru.
2.  Boogie Board at the beach.
3.  Try a new recipe.
4.  Take my kids sledding.
5.  Run.  I will run Maybe the more appropriate word is jog.
6.  I will pay all my bills on time.  Even gymnastics. (sigh.) 
7.  Visit a museum.
8.  Every time I'm given the opportunity, I will give to charity.  Even if it's $1.00.  I will give.
9.  I will eat more fruit and vegetables.  Not much, but more.
10.  I will love more, and need less.  I will listen more, and speak less.
11.  I will teach my kids something new.  I will also teach myself something new.
12.  I will laugh.  Every single day.
13.  I will shop more downtown.  I will support small merchants.

What are some of your 13 for 2013?


No comments:

Post a Comment