Pages

.

Tacos! Tacos! ~ Homemade Taco Seasoning, from Casa Kenkel


the finished product

Recently my kids were doing the "tacos! tacos!" chant.  I had my ground beef browned, and was ready to add my taco seasoning packet, when low and behold my pantry was fresh out! I ALWAYS have taco seasoning packets on hand... now what?  Time for a little creative cooking.  Looked up the ingredients of my favorite taco seasoning, (isn't Google Grand?) and whipped up some of my own.  Now I have a jar of it on hand for whenever the "taco chant" starts.  Couldn't be easier to make, and tastes SO GOOD!!


So this year, I thought, maybe I will make up a bunch and put some into cute little decorated jars for a few of my favorite Dads for Father's Day. Here's how they turned out.  This with a 6 pack of his favorite Mexican beer? Sound like a great gift to me!

mmmmmmm..... tacos and beer....delightful!


Casa Kenkel's Taco Seasoning

1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder

Combine and store in an airtight container.  Use as little or as much as you like.

Happy Father's Day! (or as I learned on Google ~ Feliz día del Padre!)

No comments:

Post a Comment