Pages

.

Everybody LOVES "Crack-Corn!"

added this photo - 2013

My family and friends will confirm, this candy coated popcorn will be the hit of your next party!  I got this recipe years ago from a girlfriend, and have been making it ever since. It couldn't be easier, and I haven't ever taken this sweet treat somewhere and not written the recipe out for someone at the party. 

Once you begin to nosh you won't be able to stop! That's how I came to re-name this recipe.  My girlfriend called it "Almond Bark Popcorn."  The first time I took it to my friend, Betsy's house, she couldn't get over how tasty it was or the fact that she couldn't stop eating it.  She said to me, and I quote, "What on earth is on this popcorn? Crack?? I can't stop eating it!!"  Alas...from this point on it has been affectionately known as "Crack Corn."

I have made this for parties, cookouts, sleepovers, for teacher gifts and so much more. Today I was making some for the weekend, and decided I would share my recipe. I made it red, white and blue to go with the summer season!  Enjoy!!

the four ingredients you will need


Recipe for Crack-Corn

3 squares almond bark
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 bags microwave popcorn, "old maids" removed
sprinkles

Pop the popcorn as directed on the package.  Remove all of the unpopped kernels. Pour into a large bowl, or a paper grocery sack.  Melt almond bark squares and oil in your microwave for one to one and a half minutes, or until you are able to stir into a pourable consistency.  Pour warm mixture over popcorn and toss. 

(The reason I prefer to use a paper grocery bag is that you can roll the top down and shake it. it coats evenly and you don't end up with popcorn all over the floor....although my two puppies LOVE the ones that hit the floor!) 

After the popcorn is evenly covered, shake the desired sprinkles onto the corn and shake until you have it coated to your liking.  Let it sit in a large bowl to "dry" for a while, especially if you decide to put into treat bags.  I have also put M&Ms (TM) in before.  Use your imagination!

YUM!!


the finished crack-corn


cute little boxes filled for treats for some special Dads

No comments:

Post a Comment