Pages

.

Bacon and Swiss Quiche


bacon and swiss quiche

This is one of my brunch favorites.  A long time ago, I had a friend who would have these big elaborate teas at her house.  She shared this recipe with me, it has become one of my family's favorites. 
Today, I am sharing that recipe with you. Enjoy!



Bacon and Swiss Quiche

Ingredients

12 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled

1 cup shredded swiss cheese

1/2 c onion minced

4 eggs

2 cups half & half

3/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp sugar



Directions

1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2.Line a pie pan or quiche pan with your own or a store bought pie crust. Whisk eggs, half & half, salt and sugar together. Place bacon, onion and cheese into the crust. Pour egg mixture over the top.

3.Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn your oven down to 300 degrees and bake for 30 minutes longer.

Notes
I actually make everything the night before. I put the onions into the egg mixture, line the pans with the crusts, add the bacon and the cheese, then wrap the pan in plastic wrap and refrigerate over night. Then in the morning all you have to do is pour the egg mixture over the bacon and bake!

Prep Time: 30 minutes



Cook Time: 45 minutes



Servings: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment