Pages

.

Homemade Play-Doh, but we call it "Josie-Doh"


This week, my twins that are in 2nd grade had to come up with something to "sell" to the 1st grade class at school in their 2nd Grade School Store.  My daughter, Josie, wanted to make homemade play-doh.  I got online and searched and searched for recipes.  Can you believe that there is a WHOLE website dedicated to homemade playdoh??  Well there is!! If you don't believe me, check it out!


There were SO many to choose from, and what I noticed, was that most of them had to be refrigerated.  That just wasn't going to work. So, I decided to ask help using social networking... facebook!! I have lots of friends that are teachers, and knew someone would have a tried and true recipe.  The one that I was given was then given the thumbs up by another friend, so I knew we had a winner. 

When we were talking about packaging, I told Josie we needed to come up with something cute and catchy.  Be honest, how many times do you buy something just because of the packaging?? My husband is constantly coming up with nicknames and rhymes with Josie's name.  Lots of times saying "do-se-do" to her.  It just popped in my head... Let's call it Josie-doh!! She loved it...and the rest they say is history.

We made 4 colors, it is the softest play-doh, your kids will love it! Thank you to Teresa and Lisa for the recipe and for those of you who wanted me to share it...well, here ya go!!

Josie-Doh

‎2 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Salt
 2 pkg unsweetened Koolaid
 3 tablespoons cooking oil
 2 Cups Boiling Water
Boil water, remove from heat. Add oil. Add dry ingredients and mix with a spoon. Let cool a bit. Knead. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment