Pages

.

why "an affair of the heart?"

I love to entertain. I know there are people that like to have people over... but I really LOVE to entertain. I mean, the impromptu guests over is great, but give me a task of planning a big get together, be it a birthday, graduation, reunion, shower, you name it ... if I can plan it from invitation to posting the pictures on the web ... I am ALL IN. Let me "theme" it ... and I will only be happier!! My husband has never really understood my obsession, but once I get him talked into a party...he always has fun ... he just needs to go with the flow, and remember that I am right! ;) For years he's been telling me that I should be an event planner, now I have friends telling me the same thing. So, a good friend of mine talked me into starting to blog on my events I do. Maybe someday ... it could turn into something else. So for now... I will post some pictures of past parties and invites that I have done. I’ve not done anything on a big scale, of course. I just love to have my family and friends over, to cook for them, decorate for them, and just simply make them feel a little extra special for awhile.

So, when it came time to "name" my blog, I'm not going to lie...I was a little stressed. I mean, it's a blog, right? Not like I am naming a child or anything, right? So, I thought about it, and decided to run with the online thesaurus. Typing in words like "celebration" and "merrymaking." When I saw the word "affair" it just clicked. Of course, "affair" has many meanings, some of which aren't one we would necessarily want to be associated with ones self. So I thought I would post some of the definitions that I found:




af•fair
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈfer\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English afere, from Anglo-French afaire, from a faire to do
Date: 14th century
* commercial, professional, public, or personal business b :matter or concern

* a romantic or passionate attachment typically of limited duration

* specified social event

* party or celebration: Synonyms: entertainment, function, gathering, reception, shindig, soiree

* affair of the heart: may refers to liaisons among two parties, being a physical and emotional relationship or romantic relationship, an affair is by its nature romantic.



Besides my love of entertaining, there is nothing more that I love than spending time with my friends and my family. When I do something for someone, I put my whole heart into it. So, “affair from the heart” just seemed to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment